Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lighting and camera

After days work of animating and modelling, this step has finally came, lighting and camera.

I hate doing lighting on Maya, because I'm really bad at it.

Anyway for this video, I want the overall to be pretty darkish, but not that dark, more like brownish grey, so it seems like to be polluted and have a rusty, ominous feeling. I used 3 directional lights and after tweaking a fair bit, I'm quiet happy about this result.
I loved how the vines turned out, however the buildings look plain, but to me the vines are the main characters in this video, so I guess that's alright.

Due to my bad planning about the camera, I find out that I have to shift the vines appearance back...therefore spent a long time fixing up the key frames. When I'm finally done, render a few pictures to check and then hit the batch render and hoping that won't take too long to render.

No comments:

Post a Comment