Thursday, October 28, 2010

Getting ideas

The theme for KIB221's last assignment is utopia/dystopia. Before actually making it, I went through lots of ideas picking which one I should do that is not clichéd. I had two ideas , one is utopia and the other is dystopia.

The utopia is like in a magical world, there is a big waterfall falling gracefully down with no sound, emerald green  grass and trees surround the waterfall, bright, colourful flowers blooming silently, butterflies flying freely. This idea is crossed out due to it being too clichéd and I think it would be too hard to do them in 3D.

The dystopia is like a haunted castle,  with scary trees and coffins, skulls around. A totally opposite to utopia, and clichéd as well. So this idea is crossed off.


Without any more ideas and desperately needing one, I went and searched for ideas. There were some interesting pictures that inspired me.
With these inspiring pictures, my new idea for this final assignment formed. I'm going to have a city, with lots of pollutions, dark and gloomy. Suddenly vines started to come out of the ground, wrapping around the buildings, destroying the man made environment. By making this short video the message of protecting our mother Earth is clear, and if we, human pushed too far we will surly be punished by the nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment